In my short experience, with audio and hifi, these are the Types of Equalizations I've noticed.
1. Source - Done at source mixing studio with dynamic range compression or other eq.
2. During encoding - If lossy encoding takes place. - Software equalization.
3. Soundcard DAC - Hardware equalization.
4. DSP - Hardware or software equalization. If you enabled it.
5. Amplifier - Hardware equalization.
6 Speakers - Hardware equalization.
7. Room - Hardware equalization.
8. Ear - Physical and biological equalization.
9. HRTF - Head related transfer function. - Crudely, how our brains listens.
From the above, the end user can tweak or modify the chain from 3-7.
All the best with your tweakings...
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
Secure Your Crypto Currencies First
Recently many people are suffering because of forgotten passwords or losing their 2FA (two factor) app like Google Auth. Or losing their ph...
I’ve tried out both Yahoo! Mail and Gmail for business use for the past few weeks. I wanted to give Gmail a fair go, since I’ve been a Yahoo...
I came upon this step by step explanation on how to record calls from VoIP, Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger, a...
I recently bought the beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm headphones, and they're worth it. beyerdynamic being so well respected, I went for ...